Summer Activity: How to make homemade playdough.
When it comes to keeping the kids entertained and busy over the summer months, few things will ever beat ‘Playdough’.
Although you can always buy playdough in a toyshop or even a supermarket but making it can be relaxing and you can even get the kids involved with making it too.
If you fancy making your own Playdough, here’s how:
2 Cups Plain Flour
1 Cup Salt
2 tbsp Cream of Tartar
2 tbsp Olive Oil
2 Cups of Boiling Water
Food Colouring (use gloves while mixing the food colouring)
- First place all dry ingredients in a large metal bowl and mix;
- Create a well in the middle of the dry mixture. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil followed by 2 cups of boiling water;
- Quickly stir dry and wet ingredients;
- Leave until cool enough for you to touch and knead;
- Now is the fun part, it’s time to decorate your playdough. If you want a light-coloured playdough or a vibrant coloured selection, this will depend on the amount of food colouring you want to use, the choice is complete yours;
- Once you have added your food colouring knead until the dough and food colouring are mixed well and have an even colour;
- Then roll out into small balls.